Friday, March 03, 2006

831 Words...


Well…I guess the first thing that comes to mind is that I – once again – have nothing to specifically to write about…so you all know what that means! – dribble, gibberish and random thoughts/gripes/issues from the Finch…awesome…

First off, iTunes radio is a wonder full thing…I kick it on either at the crib or at work and I can just rock out…anytime…no question…the killer is that if I haven’t heard the song that’s playing I tend to be entranced…and other than that I’m listening to things that I’ve either heard or most likely own and just haven’t dug out in a long time…good stuff…

Which has, of course, led me to get back on track with putting all of my CDs on to my laptop…I’ve been subconsciously putting this off - and putting it off, but have now been forced to travel back through some of the music that has taken me through my time here on earth – more specifically – my time here in the Army…needless to say – so I’ll say it – memories can be great as well as be a bitch…I attempt to deal with both and just reminisce…mmmmmmm

So here’s some quick recommendations – regardless of what you “listen to”: Bahamadia – fo’ shizzle – the only hip hop female voice that will put you in a trance…then of course the Roots, Talib Kweli, Common, High Tek – duh…and then some other stuff…whatever – you’re gonna listen to whatever you listen to anyway – right…

On another topic…a few posts back I voiced my disappointment, or confusion, by my leadership’s decision to tell me to wait on putting the next magazine together…I was on a nice schedule and then told to hold it for a month…well – last week I was told to “go ahead and get it done – NOW!”...BONG!...so suddenly I have half of a 44-page magazine sitting in my lap that is supposed to be “done” all of a sudden…ROCK!...
So late nights and a Sunday spent in the office later – it’s done…very stressed and very worn down by the sudden crunch and toll taken on my mental state and creative section of my brain – I looked forward to a nice respite…alas – it was not to be…

Today – no shit – today, as I put the finishing touches and last “corrections from the command” on the ROK Steady I was informed (by a phone call from my major who called ME via my Staff Sgt. so that he could be there to make sure I didn’t start burning the building down when she told me) that I was now responsible for my soon-to-be-former commanding general’s 50-page “Scrap Book”…oh and that it needs to be done by the 17th…of March…in 14 days…and we haven’t even started yet…HOORAY FOR…well something – but it ain’t anywhere near me folks…

So, after icing my balls for a while, (the kick in the groin stung for a while) I now get to spend my weekend coming up with a “plan” to fill 50 pages with nonsense to make a scrapbook that looks presentable for a three-star general in the U.S. Army…awesome…

Meanwhile, I had decided that I may as well just extend my time here in Korea to match up with my end of term of military service obligation – June 9th, 2007 – rather than go to Fort freggin’ Bragg and deploy back to Haji-land…I’d rather be stressed out by deadlines and request from folks who think that I do good work as apposed to getting shot at by the Haj for merely trying to ensure their safety and the well-being of their country…but hey – that’s just me…but I digress…

The trick here is that in order for me to extend and stay here (which everyone in my leadership – slash – people who my good work makes look good – thinks I should do) I have to go to the shooting range and qualify on my weapon (which I have honestly seen five times and touched maybe three since I’ve been here)…the trick is that I was going to go sometime this coming week – BUT – the general’s scrapbook supersedes all that stuff so Finch ain’t shootin’ nuthin’ for a while…so though they want me to stay and to continue to do the “quality” work that these folks seem to think that I do – the work that they will continue to give me will actually end up preventing me from staying…awesome – and THAT my friends is how the Army works – in a nutshell…enjoy…

In other news: a good friend of mine’s sister very recently died of cancer…WAY to young…I remember almost getting arrested (in my own neighborhood even and subsequently getting grounded ) with her brother on our way to visit her at VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) for her 19th or 20th birthday…she – and her whole family – is good peoples…(for people back in Richmond that happen to read this I’m referring to HappyAnne – Chances’ sister)

Please keep HappyAnne's family in your thoughts and prayers….Please light a candle to represent the Light, which is HappyAnne…

1 comment:

salemonz said...

Hey, congrats on the ROK Steady nod at DA! I just saw the results. Sweet action! I didn't get shit, so there you go, beat 'ol Salmons ;)

Yeah, I'd extend if I was in Korea, that's for sure. Hell, I'm looking at extending over here in Iraq myself, so that I can lineup my ETS date also. Sucks doing this shit for two years in a row, but that's the breaks. The alternative is getting stop-lossed and extended a year past my ETS date. So it's hurt now or hurt later :(

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. I be prayin'