Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Belated…I’m such an ass – wrapped up in the nothingness that has become the majority of what I do out here, I didn’t even realize that it’s been a year since the passing of the late great Hunter S. Thompson…oddly enough, I’m reading the collection of his columns that he wrote for ESPN.com’s Page2 (check the right column) which is exactly where I ran in to the good Doctor when I got back to my place after work…they had a little picture of Dr. Gonzo and his wife, Anita, had written a short letter about spending the Super Bowl without Hunter…check it: Anita’s Column …it’s weird cause the book they grabbed to read and reminisce about him is what I’m reading now…and the court case she’s talking about is one thing that has constantly intrigued me since reading it in I think “Songs of the Doomed” and now in “Hey Rube” - felony murder folks - look it up - it's very Bush-esque…anyway gotta respect the man (the Doc that is)…and he always stood for SOMETHING and refused to idly stand by… he lived HIS life the way HE wanted…and, as Anita writes, “as he always said, ‘It’s wrong when it stops being fun.’” Well said Doc…

No comments: