Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Finch is off to college…
Well - A - college anyway…

Everyone in my shop that could be put on orders HAS been put on orders in the last week or so…Fort Bragg (Iraq), Fort Sil (Iran – oops – Iraq), an extension here in Korea… so today I went on the Army’s human resources command website and logged in to see if I was on any sort of orders…hehehehehe – and sure enough – I’m on orders to report on the 10th of September…hehehehehe…to where you ask?

To Carlisle Barracks, PA…that’s where…home of the U.S. Army War College…

It boasts being “The premier institution for strategic leadership and for the study of landpower.” – and if that doesn’t describe ME in a nutshell – well – then shit…HA!

And NO, I’ll not be attending the Army War College – jeeeze…that’s for General Officers – basically ANY AND EVERY high ranking leader that will one day very soon lead not only this country’s Army – but the Country itself…

For me though (besides being in a posistion to potentially impress or make good with someone with clout that can hook me up with steps towards my future - of which i have done a bit of already! ha!) I’m thinkin’ – Pirates games, Phillies games, Eagles games, Steelers games, Phlyers games, Soul Games, Sixers games, New York City, Atlantic City, Close to Mom in Richmond, close to friends in B-More, being in Tim and Brietta’s wedding in Kentucky…and ETS in June...Muuuuah! peaces!...please be true…please, please, please, please!

Needless to say (see, I said it again!) I’m very excited…which leads me to this…it HAS to be too good to be true or something…I mean…Finch and “excited” just hasn’t happened in a very long time now…this is a blessing and my honest first reaction (besides smiling until my face hurt) was to just stop for a moment and say thank you to the big homie in the sky…I just pray that this is his handy-work and not some keyboard slip made by someone in Washington who will soon realize the mistake and send me back to the desert…selah…

Very happy, and very excited right now…a wonderful opportunity and a glorious turn of events that the word unexpected cannot begin to adequately describe…so here’s hoping…

OH YEEEAAAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How GREAT!! How WONDERFUL!! Simply CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
Send me an email on your leave dates, too. Hope that's still on!
LOVE YOU!!
MoM