Friday, December 09, 2005

While I may be described as a slut becuase of this review, I stand behind my opinion of this game...fun does not begin to describe the overall allure of this game...so here's what I wrote for Amazon.com:

I'm not a "gamer" folks and hopefully will never claim to be, but this game, in my book anyway, has to go down as simply one of the best that I've ever played.
The story is pure (true to the subject) and when showing it to a history buff Major of mine in the U.S. Army he was amazed at the ability to almost relive some of the most brutal and amazing battles that have ever takin place. From a young Russian sharpshooter to a tank-commander to a british line-man to a U.S. Infantry Cpl., this game and its' story takes you through the War.
The graphics are exceptional and I'm saying this even though being stationed in Korea I am unable to play on my high def plasma screen. I honestly can't wait to see this thing on that coupled with my surround sound speakers. It's actually the ONLY game that I would recommend so far (I own Ridge Racer6, Madden 2006 and NBA Live 2006) that I would say warrants the 60 dollar price tag.
The online play may be a bit suspect right now (but keep in mind that only like 100 other people in the world own the system right now) but that's bound to be fixed in the near future. I CAN say that one of my measures of ANY game at this point (keep in mind, that I'm NOT a "gamer") is that if I actually am able to "beat" a game that I should feel somewhat disappointed.
With that in mind, I can assure you that if/when you complete everything in this game you will wish that the story would JUST KEEP GOING... If you're looking for a fun shooter, with some real-life attributes, mixed with a lot of "WoW moments" - this is the game you're looking for.

...I'm such a whore...

2 comments:

brogonzo said...

You've officially entered the World of Geeks, my friend. Prepare to be caught standing in line for Star Wars tickets on the night they release the "Special Editions" of the new movies.

Finch said...

don't you judge me!...