Monday, February 13, 2006

Angela…
I found out this afternoon that someone very near and dear to my heart will have to undergo surgery Tuesday…Angela, my beautiful former fiancé, is currently deployed to Kuwait in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (no she wasn't hit by an IED or anything like that)…after a series of doctor visits it has been determined that she will need to undergo surgery to avoid a worse scenario in the future…while it hurt to hear - and know that I’m stuck so far away and can do nothing – I didn’t know what to say…getting off the phone though I realized that I needed to leave the office and go “home”…I became aware as I was leaving that my soul hurts…

It’s a very deep – almost hidden – kinda pain that you know is there, but it slides upon you when you least expect to grab hold…it was all I could do to walk all the way back to my place without crying uncontrollably…kinda like pain that comes along with a bruise…you know it’s there…and when something hits it, it starts throbbing and hurting like crazy…and you try to remember to try harder not to hit it on anything ‘til it’s completely healed…I’m very worried for her, I know this is very hard for her…and it kills me that I am way out here…I owe her much and can do nothing but sit here…but I’m getting away from the point…

Angela is most likely scared, and most certainly going through some pain that my wounded soul cannot compare to right now...you are though, the strongest person I've ever known and I know you'll get through this…I just wish that I could do something for you…I hurt very much right now for not being able to do SOMETHING to make it better Beautiful…

So, for what it’s worth, I ask that all of you (whoever reads this stuff that I write) say an extra prayer for her today, tomorrow – the week for that matter…pray for a successful surgery and a speedy and painless recovery…pray that she overcomes this as admirably as she has with so many other things that she has been forced to cope with throughout her life…

Thank you…

2 comments:

salemonz said...

I'll be prayin'. Hope things work out, bro. It's always a bummer when you can't DO anything, but just being around is cool too.

Apples said...

My prayers are with Angela. May she have a successful surgery with no complications, and may she have a speedy recovery back to good health.

She sounds like a very special woman.