Tuesday, October 18, 2005

One out away...and other gibberish:
Yep, one out...that's it - that's all they needed to get and they could've punched their own tickets to Chicago for a pitching duel of a World Series...I was leaving the doctor's office when Berkman hit what shoulda been a game winning - series ending - home run...I was the picture of happiness - nearly skipping back to the office to enjoy lunch and the final innings of the game...I wanted to make sure I got back in time to see the final pitch - the final out...I wanted to "feel" IT...
Those of you who know what I mean by IT then you know - and if you don't, that sucks for you, sorry...it's such an excited, happy, eager, joyful feeling...MY team...the World Series(I'm literally jumping around the office now)...one out...beating the "BEST" team in the National League...doing it with their home fans there...two outs(still jumping and now clapping)...how GREAT is this...one more strike and we're home free...damn - base hit...alright no problem(not jumping anymore)...ball four(not clapping)...ok, ok, settle down Lidge...you got this...(Pacing now)
But he didn't...he had nothing...he had a hanging slider down the heart of the plate to the game’s BEST hitter(yeah I said it - screw you Barry, Albert ain't on the juice)...
As Pujols was walking to the plate I looked wearily at a co-worker and commented that “it's almost like somebody was writing this...”
As soon as the pitch left his hands I screamed (yes - in the office) NO WAY...ahhh DAMMIT!
At this point I'm walking outside while pulling my uniform top up over my head...unbelievable...I was a mess - so much so that I was given the rest of the day off...THAT IS HOW BAD I LOOKED...horrible...like a horse just kicked me in the chest...or the balls - whatever...
I hate this...this feeling is one of the worst - yeah, yeah it's just a game blah blah blah - SHUT UP...if you’re a FAN you invest part of your being to trying to help in some way WILL your team to victory...that's why people get caught saying "we" when talking about their teams...it's part of a true sport's fan's identity...going to the World Series is like...well…never mind...I wouldn't know anything about that now would I?...
As for the rest of the series - I honestly think the tide has turned...and we're talking a HUGE tide here...the Cardinals had one foot on the bus headed home while the 'Stros were one strike away from going to their first World Series EVER...at home with the best closer in the league on the mound - they couldn't close it out...just like last year...they left Houston up 3 games to 2...and came back to Houston for yet another disappointing winter...
If I was a betting man I’d have my money on the Cards in seven…it hurts to say, but that Pujols homer just felt like it closed out more than just that game…this sucks…
To top off the copious amounts of suckage...I returned to the doctor's office (on my way to the house) to pick up my perscription and recieve a shot to relieve the tightness/pain in the tendons and muscles in my shoulder and side of my neck...the best part of course, is that the needle was plunged into my ass...that, coupled with the fact that it hurt like wholly hell (and my shoulder is still tight) can simply be described as the perfect ending to the perfect day...

In other news: Apparently the word in the Black community is that the government “blew up the levees in New Orleans.” Now I know I get the news way out here in South Korea land and what not, but someone please tell me that Farrakan’s crazy ass isn’t REALLY peddling this nonsense…someone please tell me that I didn’t REALLY hear this a minute ago on the Bill-I’m a pompous ass-O’Rielly show…insane bastards these people are…

Also: I would just like to take a moment to discuss my only objection/point/argument against this Miers lady being on the highest court in the land…I HAVE AS MUCH EXPIRIENCE BEING A JUDGE AS SHE DOES…that is all…

2 comments:

brogonzo said...

No, initial reports are correct: Farrakan really is that fucking crazy. I believe he said this stuff about a month ago... that he had it from a "reliable source" that there had been "craters" underneath the levee breaches -- which, of course, means all the rich crackers found a way to get rid of all the poor darkies they're so terrified of.

It's great that the civil rights movement has leaders like Farrakan, who are intent on maintaining a widening divide between the races.

Finch said...

holy cow! three freggin' comments on one post - amazing...