Friday, October 14, 2005

'Stros v. Cards: GAME II:

Screw it, I'm gonna do it anyway - you're not the boss of me! ha! (see previous post)
This is why it's basically cheating for me to write the game one post - because I already had the outcome of game two - but I had the ump from the Sox/Angels game who said no but then mysteriously saying YES...so I ran with it - ha! lame pun! AWESOME...
I didn’t get to watch this game (for the most part) because I was sent to cover a nonsense story for my office which meant that I had to travel an hour away to take pictures of a ceremony and miss what would be a classic Roy Oswalt pitching performance…
And while I should be upset and feel cheated – it’s all good…they won…Roy was great and Bae had nothing to say…bong…
The trick to the game – for ME – was that, for game one my hats on the TV were parallel and facing the same direction – ‘Stros lose…
This game however, right before I left the residence, I rotated the hats so that they were at an angle and facing each other…AND I DIDN’T WATCH THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME…
This crazy scenario might sound strange, but it’s the same one in which the ‘Stros won the 18 inning epic and now, worked for the game that evened the series to one game a piece…
I’ll take one game a piece leaving St. Louis…seems fair enough…hell they’re supposed to be THE BEST team in baseball…we don’t stand a chance right?
Houston did what it did all year though…good pitching, good hits where they counted, good base running (the white sox would be up an easy two nothing if they were awake) and Brad Lidge…That’s Houston Astros baseball folks…clean, simple and to the point…nothing fancy – just get it done…
Everyone on the lineup comes to play…case and point rookie Chris Burke…5-8, 4 RBI, in three games…
Just good team ball – and it’s lovely…
How scary is that to MLB honchos, a team that JUST plays baseball with no flash – aside from the pitching of course…who’s gonna watch that?...
I’ll be there – count on that…Go ‘Stros...

No comments: