Tuesday, September 13, 2005

And Here I Sit...

All the way from the brink of victory, the mighty Jong ILLs fell this passed weekend to the Bombers of Texas...I should, of course, start by saying I should have known better than to hold out hope that I could stand a small chance of defeating the LUCKIEST man I've ever known - My Uncle - the man WON yes WON tickets to the Super Bowl in which God's own favorite team(yes - the hole in the top of Texas Stadium is so that He can watch his team play on Sunday) crushed the Steelers, and while there enjoyed a day of his winnings meeting a famous NFL organizer and then subsequently officiating a nationally televised flag-football game(which I actually happened to be watching) made up of Hall of Famers - including Tony Dorsett...there's more, but I will tie off the tourniquet there...
Yes my ILLs that are Jong truly lived up to there name and left me completely ILL for my Monday morning wakeup call to go play Soldier...Culpepper cut me, he cut me deep...three interceptions? yes three... but not to outdo himself he finished the day by adding more astounding stats and coughing it up twice...this coupled with a complete inability to see a single receiver (even though they were those bright-ass PURPLE jerseys) and get them the ball...and fuck this talk of Randy Moss - Hell he's ILL and he got me 19 points...but more relevantly, fuck all this talk about Daunte and the Vikes can't get it done without Moss...they did it last year - he was injured or taking OFF half the time...oh it's do-able - so don't gimme this easy answer cop-out BS...

He/they just didn't come to play...they didn't show up PERIOD!...
But it's only one game, as they say, and I'm sticking with him - for good or ILL (HA!)
Honorable mention for the debacle that occurred this weekend (my team had 35 points going in to Sunday off of three players, the rest of the team managed a meager 15 and I lost by an even 20) goes out to Cowboys'(my team, always and forever) quarterback Drew "Freggin" Bledsoe and coach Tuna for forgetting that they have one of, if not THE best tight-end in the league on their team - one catch, 12 yards...AND to the masterful performance of one Joey Harrington -
I liked you in college...I really liked you for the Hiesman...I wanted you to do well in Detroit...so why must you torment me so?
...he hit Pollard for a score yes, but Mr. Pollard was resting comfortably on my BENCH (please read previous post - reference DAMN YOU JOEY HARRINGTON about halfway in) moreover, he failed to hit up pro-bowl receiver Roy Williams cept for a measly 13 yard reception...
Very, very, very frustrating - made more so because every move - except for switching Leftwhich (who showed up huge) to replace Daunte - I actually thought about making...I mean REALLY considered...I honestly had an URGE to put Fitzgerald in(21 points) and I really thought about (see post) putting in Pollard for Witten, the thought process being that San Diego has THE best tight end so they'll surely know how to stop one...alas I didn't pull the trigger...can you imagine being a REAL general manger...? the joke is on them huh?!
Good thing it's not MY money! HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know...your rather calm about this weeks football, we haven't heard from you lately at the league site and we are beginning to worry about you, anyway drop us a line and let us know how your doing....also how the water buffalo is doing!!!