Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Peace, Love and Frosted Flakes...

So I lost again in this week's fantasy football...even though - I'd like to point out - that I scored more points than all but two people in the entire league...alas, one of them was the dude that I was actually up against - by 1 fucking point...I had the Dallas defense to pull the victory out for me and I was there...again and then they just collapsed - it was all over in less than two minutes...but fuck that - there'll be more about that to come...for now...I checked my email a moment ago and there was an odd address from some dude whose name I do not recognize...dreaded SPAM?!!...nope...See, I was up late last week and was listening to my recently purchased DJ Z-Trip cd - "Shifting Gears" - and I decided to rummage around on the internet...I eventually landed on the Z-Trip site...there of course they had the latest tour information on the Shifting Gears tour...cool I thought, I wonder where he's gonna be...and after noticing the complete lack of shows that would be anywhere near me - I'm in freggin Seoul - I decided to utilize the "contact us" link at the bottom...you know which link I'm talking about...it's the one that sites such as this have that you write a bunch of whatever you think and leave it at that - most cases you cold actually give two-shits whether anyone reads it or not - you got out what you wanted to get out and a couple hours from then you most likely won't remember what you said anyway...
Ho, Ho! not so fast...
This strange responder to some forgotten email that I had sent to what I thought to be some BS contact us link was non other than Z-Trip's tour manager responding to a brief rant that I sent out Friday...which basically said that they really need to come do a couple shows out here... To which they responded with this:
Chris, I’m Z Trip’s tour manager.We would love to get down for you all! It is simply a matter of timing and travel. What information can you provide me to help me get this ball rolling?
Thank you,
Joseph Lucchese
Event and Tour Management
So now I feel obligated, and actually a little encouraged, to go and look into this...MWR, USO, BOSS all these folks will need to be probed - and prodded if that's what it takes! I just think that that's a real stand up kinda thing...I'm probably just a sap...and having a little knowledge on the Army concert tour and MWR work it's most definetly a long shot to get ANYBODY out here...either way though I have much respect for Z-Trip and the way he and his folks are doin' business...word!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

talk to Loper when he gets over there, i'm pretty sure being the 8th Brigade BOSS President will get you somewhere.....