Friday, November 18, 2005


Nothing to write about…

I just don’t really have anything that’s gripping me to pontificate on to the masses…all work and no play make finch a dull skinny white dude…

So I’ll give a couple quick notes:

- took a PT (physical fitness test) today. Took it at two o’clock in the afternoon which was interesting considering that the million or so other pt tests that I’ve done have ALL been first thing in the morning. The human body is funny like that. When you do certain things (like regular PT) at certain times/intervals, your body is prepared for said activity at certain times. So, obviously the 2p.m. start time was odd to say the least…you don’t want to eat a lot ‘cause you don’t want a bunch of stuff on your stomach when you’re about to try and do as many push-ups, sit-ups that you can in two minutes and then run 2 miles…but then again my skinny ass needs to eat food to have energy…so, yes, I ate…and while I didn’t do as well as I could have – I passed – which is really all that matters in this man’s army…72 push-ups, a mere 68 sit-ups(which I WILL chalk up to the food ‘cause I did 60 in only one minute just a couple days ago) and a 14:40 2mile…I’ll take it at this point – it’s cold, the air is crazy-filthy and I don’t do a lot of PT…

- Samurai Jack (the picture at the top) is the best cartoon out there right now – he is the MAN…just thought I’d throw that out there – don’t you judge ME! – ha! It’s really one of the only new bread of cartoons that you can watch without any sound and still not only understand what the story is, but actually enjoy the imagery as well...that, and he's got the BEST theme music ever...check it out…

- After the PT test we have to weighed, and measured – I now, according to the Army, weigh 134 lbs – which, for those of you who know, is me getting’ FAT – I’ll drink to that!

- Everyone is telling me that I’m black…for many reasons that many of you are well aware (baggy clothes, hip hop music, baggy clothes, newport cigarettes, baggy clothes) – but right now because I’m so ashy…weird huh…it’s finally gotten rather chilly out here…the air is very frosty, but also VERY void of any moisture what so ever…that coupled with the heat being turned on everywhere, drying out the air in every building I’m in has turned me into a cocoa butter lathering fool…it can actually be very painful – the cracking of the skin and the constant irritating itching…so I cocoa butter up…does this make me black? Ha!

- FOOP! Is a really odd book so far, – apparently time travel has become such a regular thing that a company is taking groups of people BACK on tours of events that have occurred in the past…the problem is that certain people are not satisfied with merely being able to see historic events take place – people wanna be heroes – so on a tour back to see old Abe get shot in the head – homeboy disappears from the tour group to go and impede Mr. Booth from executing his assassination plot…so the company has to “frame” Booth for the shooting (so that the future is not changed - duh!) – the whole scenario is portrayed MUCH more effectively in the book itself – and that’s just through the first 20 pages or so…check it out…

- In other news: my buddy Josh’s latest couple posts have been nothing short of BRILLIANT…I highly recommend checking them out over in the “links” portion of the ‘ol blog, and click on “The Josh”…maybe I just think they’re good ‘cause I’ve been there (not just Iraq, but almost the EXACT situations that he’s running into) but I think it’s really quality writing...

- and the XBOX 360 goes on sale tuesday - I've been given the morning off that day in order to attempt to stand in whatever line may be at my local post exchange to try and buy the thing...a running diary may come outta that...stay tuned...

1 comment:

Apples said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.