Thursday, November 10, 2005

Some random thoughts:
as much as i'd like to keep the picture of me and my South Korean homies at the top of the page ...

I think: That every boy grows up dreaming of two things – EVERY BOY…one is of course playing a professional sport…usually beginning with baseball as that is the sport of choice for young adolescents, but can often morph as a youngin’ finds a particular niche in say, football, basketball or in some rare cases even hockey(travis!)…in any case the dream is there – a game-winning hit, last second touchdown, buzzer-beater basket, shoot out goal – whatever…it’s in the genes…the other dream - I think - is to fall in love with a beautiful girl… and while I never had much success with the former – I have been lucky enough to fully experience the latter…
Yes – as many of you are aware I’ve been in love for quite some time now with whom I hope to one day marry – a one miss Angela…a beautiful lady that I happened to meet in the middle of a desert surrounded by bombs and the ever-present fear of death…kinda surreal huh!?...
The thing about these dreams that WE have is that they always seem to manifest at the most odd times and ultimately require some of the most strength and determination to bring to full potential…life is such a strange (and many times) beautiful journey…

I want: the t-shirt that reads “Gay-Rod” which of course plays on the Yankees’ “slugger” Alex Rodriguez…that one and the one that on the front reads – “Yankees Suck” and on the back says (of course) “and Jeter Swallows”…I would wear these at every opportunity…hook me up!

I’m fairly certain: that no one really cares that France is burning itself down…

I’m positive: there are way too many games played in the NBA - we're talking more than eight months of basketball...that's a bit rediculous...much like major league baseball, they really should think about shortening the season or at least cutting back on the number of games played...it's just hard to get excited at a 5-o start for a team when you know they've still got 300 more games to play...anway...

I’m very close to: deciding that I am done with the Army…I’ve been thinking about writing a piece on the bloggage for a couple weeks now, but simply haven’t felt the push(if that makes sense)…I’m really not sure what to do at this point and that in itself is rather scary at this point…24 years old…a Sgt. in the U.S. Army…been overseas and away from family for the majority of my adult years…done a year and change in Iraq and have been to Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia on separate occasions…and even ventured around Europe as a Soldier…six years and some decent experience as a military journalist…NO SCHOOL though(which I will accept some of the blame)…quite the quandary…
If you’re keeping score at home – we’re NEVER leaving IRAQ…we may move in to other countries, but I really don’t think we’re ever going to leave – which means they’re gonna keep blowin’ shit up and killin’ young American boys and girls sent to fight for something that they never asked for in the first place…hell – I’ll defend freedom all day – but you start askin’ me to give up my life for SOMEONE's desire to send countless troops on a wild-goose chase – and because now that we’ve dug ourselves into such a deep hole we literally can’t dig ourselves out...sorry homie – not really my cup ‘o tea…

As it stands: I’m in Korea until at least August of next year…at that point I’m currently scheduled to depart from here and head to “lovely” Fort Bragg N.C….home of 82nd Airborne or “America’s Army”…now if you’ve owned a TV over the passed two years or so you may recognize the name of that unit/place – yes they go EVERYWHERE & ANYWHERE…upon my arrival there I would have a little less than 7 months left on my enlistment – which, according to my math, would be just enough time for them to stop-loss me (not allow me to ever leave) and deploy me wherever in the hell they want to…again – not really soundin’ like my cup ‘o tea…

So I may: just extend to stay here for the last few months and then call it a day…I’ve been looking in to some schools (including UT Arlington because I just love Arlington!) and, along with the aforementioned Angela, have been looking in to using my VA Loan benefits for purchasing a little casa down there in lovely Tejas!...

BUT:
No decisions have been made, and only time will tell of course…things will transform in to whatever they need to be over time…it’s all part of the BIGGER plan right?…I just thought I’d spit out some random thoughts for everyone to ponder…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you baby! Angela

Apples said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Honey! Damn near two years. Keep up the good work, Baby! 12Nov2005. Angela
Fincham....Love ya!