Saturday, November 26, 2005



Xbox360 Day5…

Well after much ado and excited anticipation – I still have not been able to experience the glory that surely is the Xbox360…

I marched down to the PX today ready to start some rawkus with somebody only to find myself shocked, amazed, appalled (and probably three or four other adjectives) at the site of Americans gone bat-shit crazy…apparently some alarm went out to signal to everyone that it is now time to SPEND MONEY…

The odd thing for me was that in my mind I was there strictly for one purpose and one purpose only (alright that’s a lie – I had to grab some more socks and some toothpaste) to get the pearly-white beauty of a 360-Box they call ‘X’ – so I bullied through the crowd and couldn’t help but laugh at these poor bastards…

As I neared the electronics section, the nerves had kicked all the way in – part of me trying to expect the worst - them having already sold the damn things - and thus building up the anger so that I could lash it out on some poor, undeserving, un-prepared store worker…and part of me hoping that they just hadn’t called anyone yet and the consoles would be waiting patiently behind door number two…

So I turn the corner and to my confusion the sign that had once proudly proclaimed the “Xbox360 on sale Nov. 22 – Delivery Delayed” was gone…whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?...and I can suddenly feel the fury inside of me – my thinking being that if the sign has been taken down then they must have gotten them and sold them all – REDRUM…REDRUM…REDRUM!

But, cooler heads prevailed – I took a breathe and walked to the back wall where the games are shelved (just to SEE) and sure enough Madden ’06 the 360 version along with FIFA (soccer) and Tiger Woods (how is this a video game?)…so I grabbed a copy of the Madden and walked over to the Korean lady I recognized as being some sort of manager-type from the DAY1 of this whole fiasco and flashed the game – “what gives?” to which she responded by trying to ring me up for the game(hurry up and bye!)…”no, no – what happened with the Xbox’s?” I asked more compellingly…”they no come yet…we no know,” she explained… “so you’re still gonna be calling off the list?” - “oh you on list? – yes, yes – we call you…” and there we have it…

They call me…

Honestly though, these gaming consoles are undoubtedly being sold on the black market in downtown somewhere here in lovely South Korea – but hey – that’s just one crazy opinion from a guy who realizes that these bastards could get at least a thousand bucks for one of these Xbox’s on the street – it’s like a new heroin…

I feel so dirty…

No comments: