Saturday, January 21, 2006

[Expletive] back...

Yes, I’m back from the island…wow…more to come in the next week or so on all that…but yes – wow…an astonishingly beautiful place…may have to live there for a year or so…like I said though – there will be more to come on that in the coming days… still catching my breathe – both figuratively and now physically too…

As for right NOW…I spent my first day back laid up in the hospital here…yup – the hospital…I feel vaguely reminiscent to the shit-storm that hit me in Iraq, but after two “popped” veins, two IV’s, chest-X-rays and numerous inquisitive looks from the doc I was released with nothing more than the standard Army bullshit…even after recounting my “medical history” of ALWAYS having the same crap and ALWAYS getting worse because the docs never fix the ACTUAL problem until it becomes horrible…but I digress…

I walked outta the hospital looking like an addict with holes up and down my arm, a bottle of “Sore Throat Spray”, Cough Syrup, some throat lozenges and a thing of Acetaminophen…that’s right people – all that to leave an Army hospital with nothing more than the stuff that most people have, or can at least get a hold of, on their own…

The best thing they gave me was a print out explaining what a viral respiratory illness is…I, according to the sheet, have an upper respiratory illness caused by a virus…ALSO, according to my hand-dandy piece of paper, should return “promptly” if any of the following occur: cough with lots of colored mucus, chest pain, shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing, severe headache; face, neck or ear pain…

Hold the phone – I ALREADY HAVE ALL THAT…that’s why I was there in the first place…ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

The thing about this mysterious illness is that I’m positive that I got it from Loper right before I left for my trip to the Island…the bastard showed up to drink a couple brews last weekend and started coughing crap all over the place saying how it was no big deal and that he’d had the cough for so long and this and that…to which I responded by being very (understandably) pissed off that he would bring that shit into my place knowing that I was about to head off to Saipan…dick…anyway…the good part is that it waited to hit full steam until the last day there…the bad part is – well that I’m sick as hell now duh!...thanks Lope…

Can’t wait to get back to Saipan…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that a big shot of penicillin will get ride of the "virus" that you got from the island, at least we hope. I told you to be careful while your overseas!!

brogonzo said...

STEELERS NATION!

Anonymous said...

Finch - You are full of it! Had myself checked out today while at sickcall for my back - virus free, just a smoker's cough. I blame Finch for my back - that makes about as much sense as blaming someone else for you catching a bug. Off to smoke! Hooah!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place for a family reunion!! Meet ya'll there!!
Love you too much!!
Momma Finch