Monday, January 30, 2006

SAIPAN...On the other side of the Island was this chill spot where people were taking advantage of yet another beautiful day...

A shot of me and my tan Oakleys...I am rarely without some sort of eyewear when out and about...trying here for the whole artsi-reflection photo-whatever...
This is the sunset after the first day there...as it happens, this was the first really nice sunset that they had, had in quite a while...apparently it had done nothing but rain for a week or two and stopped just the day before I got there...awesome...
This is Day2's evening display...much diffrent than the first, but nontheless beautiful...very, very peaceful times...
This is what is known there as "Bird's Island"...this is also about the time that my current illness was beggining to take a forceful hold on my body... while it is a beautiful place, I swear I don't remember seeing ANY birds...
Caught site of some cows (in the foreground) on the way back to the hotel...luckily my volunteer guide drove a convertible so we were able capture this shot of the cows...just a great shot of cows...and the coastal view isn't bad either HA!

And when it was all said and done - thumbs up indeed...Saipan is the shizzle fo' rizzle...probably the most beautiful place that I've ever been...all the people were great and happy...hell, my freggin' bartender from the hotel ended up taking me all over the island the last day I was there...WHERE would that EVER happen? Just a good, relaxed place...I could definitely see myself disappearing there for a year when I get out of the Army...I highly recommend giving this little island a visit...although, I may be a bit biased seeing as how the Army paid me to go here...I just got the check (direct deposit) from them for the trip...$1200 bucks...awesome...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, Chris. I am glad you had a good time. Lala!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place for a family reunion! Meet ya'll there!! Love you too much!!
Momma Finch

Anonymous said...

stumbled upon your site and had to drop in a hafa adai. i'm from saipan (now a michigander) and it was such a nice surprise to see pictures of back home. glad you enjoyed the island!

-c.